top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Do you have a PTN?
What is your tax background?
What records?
File electronically
What if I get audited?
Who will sign my return?
When will I receive a copy of my return?
How do I find you?

Do you have a PTIN (preparer tax identification number)?

All of our tax preparers and client-facing staff who are involved in the return preparation process have their PTINS. Feel free to ask for the PTIN of any staff member involved in return preparation.

What is your tax background?

Most of our tax preparers are either CPA's or Enrolled Agents.

A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is certified by the state to act as a public accountant. A CPA is the only licensed qualification in accounting. To be certified, candidates are required to pass an exam. Most states also require an ethics exam or course as well as continuing education credits. A CPA may specialize in tax but not necessarily: there's a wide range of CPA services including accounting, auditing, financial planning, technology consulting and business valuation.

An Enrolled Agent (EA) has earned the privilege of representing taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service by passing a three-part comprehensive IRS exam. The EA status is the highest credential the IRS awards. EA's must adhere to ethical standards and complete 72 hours of continuing education courses every three years.

What records and other documentation will you need from me?

We will need all your W-2's, 1099's, 1098's and other verification of income and expenses in order to prepare your return. We do not need individual receipts. Please do not send any individual receipts unless we request them. You must retain all your receipts in case of an audit by the IRS.

How do you determine your fees?

Our fees are completely transparent - you can view our fees on our Fee Schedule.

Can I file electronically?

Yes, after your return is completed, you will receive E-file consent forms (Form 8879) and be given the option to have us electronically file on your behalf after you review and approve the return.

 What happens if I get audited?

As Enrolled Agents and Certified Public Accountants, we are authorized to represent our clients before the Internal Revenue Service. We can respond to questions and represent you in front of the IRS.

If there is an error on your return and it is our fault, we will fix the error, file an amended return on your behalf and you will not be charged for any amended return preparation fees.

Who will sign my return?

Your tax return will be signed by the person who performs the final review of your return. This person will have a PTIN and the PTIN will appear next to their signature. We can give you the name of the person who will be reviewing and signing your return at the time we receive your tax documents.

When will I receive a copy of my return?

You will receive a complete copy of your return after we finish preparing the return and the tax preparation fees have been paid. You can choose to receive an electronic copy, a physical copy or both. You will need a copy of your return to review it prior to filing or having us E-file on your behalf.

How do I find you if I have a question or a problem after tax season is over?

Our offices are open twelve months a year. If you receive a request from the IRS or your state department of revenue, we are available to meet in person, or connect by phone or email.

Click Here to check out the IRS website for more resources in choosing a tax preparation firm

bottom of page